OUR MOBILE VIDEO WORKSHOP
From the spark of a great idea…Content that tells YOUR story.
What You’ll Achieve
This one-day workshop provides a practical, hands-on training in smartphone video recording, enabling participants to understand the basics of production, sound, lighting and storytelling; record a short quality video, edit on their phone or computer, and gain the confidence to make their own videos.
Maximum 10 participants for hands-on learning and coaching.
This is an 8-hour workshop plus a 1-hour lunch break. Morning and Afternoon tea provided.
Participants must provide own smartphone with a minimum 5GB free storage. A standard headphone jack or adapter to Lightning connector required. A charging cable and plug is recommended. Laptop optional.
The workshop covers:
– Optimising your phone for video recording
– Planning your video stories with our Five-Point Formula and storyboarding for clarity and efficiency.
– Using a tripod mount and a microphone, and a Steadicam (supplied)
– Tips for recording interviews
– How to record inside and outside
– Making best use of your camera’s features
– Presenting to camera
– Best free and affordable video Apps
– Planning, trimming and assembling video on phone or computer & uploading to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube.
– How to set up and manage a YouTube Channel.
One lucky participant will WIN a complete Mobile Video Prize Pack valued at over A$400!!
Recommendations for basic equipment and discount offers on gear available to purchase or order.
Date: Thursday 25 May 2017
Time: 9am to 5pm
Southport Community Centre
6 Lawson Street, Southport QLD 4216
On-Site Parking available